Montag, 27. Oktober 2014

OneRepublic in Dublin!! (19.10.)

Despite the recent change of language of my blog, I didn't even have to change the title of this post. That's the result of a very sophisticated choice of a headline!
And I can already tell that this post won't be as long as the last one. There are two reasons for that. First, it's already way too late, and I just want to finish this post because the concert I'm writing about already took place one week ago, and because I'm going to Galway tomorrow (ahem, in fact, it's today). Don't expect any posts for the next days - I'm absolutely not blogging with my mobile phone...
Second, I just took a closer look at all the pictures I took during the concert. Lots of them turned out to be blurred. :-/ Seems like my camera is only okay for taking pictures in the daylight...

However, maybe I should start from the beginning in order to not confuse people more than necessary. Last Sunday was the OneRepublic concert in Dublin. I was looking forward to this since August, my ticket is proof of that:
Fun Fact: I took the picture before I went to the concert. Afterwards it didn't look quite that good any more...
We went there with a group of Erasmus students, which I really appreciated, because queuing can be quite boring if you're doing it on your own. And, of course, there was a bit of queuing involved to get into the 3Arena, where OneRepublic's only Ireland concert of the Native Summer Tour took place. It makes sense that there would be only one concert in Ireland, since even the biggest arena of its capital is only around the size of the SAP-Arena in Mannheim. But actually, this piece of information is taken from the Wikipedia article about the tour. (Yes, there is a whole article only about the tour; no, I didn't know that before I googled it xD)
But I should try and keep a bit more to the point if I ever want to finish this post... We met in the afternoon in Dublin and started queuing around 5:30 pm. The official opening of the doors was 6:30 pm, and unlike everything else in Ireland so far, there was no delay. Which was really nice, because it had been raining a bit while we were waiting outside...

Waiting selfie... xD
Once inside the arena, we could - surprisingly! - continue waiting. Therefore I have some pictures of the arena and the empty stage now. But I really liked the arena, so it's okay that I had some time to examine it - doesn't mean I like waiting particularly...
By the way, I somehow like the lighting, although slightly pinkish...

Fun Fact: The name of the opening act was Kongos!
This was taken during the waiting between opening act and "real" concert.
Yeah, so this is the opening act named Kongos (unfortunately not The Script, probably because they are too famous in Ireland):

I can't really remember their sound, since I've still got the OneRepublic songs stuck in my head -typical case of "Ohrwurm" (earworm). But they were totally okay.
Of course, everybody was just waiting for OneRepublic. That became obvious in the break between Kongos and OneRepublic. Not only the seated section, but also the standing section got fuller and fuller. Unfortunately, is the word to be added here - too much fangirling around us for my taste...
When OneRepublic finally entered the stage, it was quite impressive. A few pictures to illustrate what I mean:
Huge white curtain.
Nothing to be seen so far, but everybody's already raising their phones.
Playing behind the curtain.
One of the security guys told us just before the concert started: "No videos, only photos!". I followed that rule (probably the quality of such videos would have been shitty anyway), so I won't insert any videos here, but I can at least copy and paste the setlist provided by Wikipedia. ;-)

"Don't Look Down"
"Light It Up"
"Secrets"
"All the Right Moves"
"What You Wanted"
"Stop and Stare"
"Something I Need"
"Apologize"
"Preacher"
"Come Home"
"Counting Stars"
"Can't Stop"
"Au Revoir"
"Feel Again"
"Good Life"
"I Lived"

Encore
"Love Runs Out"
"What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong cover)
"If I Lose Myself"

And now, I'll try to find some okayish pictures of an amazing concert...








The lighting! <3


This could have been a good picture, if not, ahem...!





Shower of confetti! :-)
Oops, these are a few more pictures than I'd expected. Sorry, but I'm way too tired to delete any of them now.

Good night!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen