Samstag, 27. Dezember 2014

I'm back...

... in more than one aspect.

Firstly, I'm back in Germany. Tomorrow, it will be one week since I arrived at the airport in Frankfurt. One week since I had to say goodbye to the country where I spent my Erasmus semester. As you can tell from the fact that I'm writing again, I managed to make it on my own at the airport in Dublin, which was actually the very first time when I was really on my own at an airport.
Anyway, that was not the biggest problem, although Lufthansa was trying really hard to annoy me (when I arrived, zero baggage drop off counters were open, and at some point a queue had formed that almost reached the exit). The hardest part was leaving Ireland.
And actually, the country made it really hard for me to depart, because the last days were really nice. No, I'm not talking about the last minute Christmas presents shopping on the 20th - the last Saturday before Christmas. That was more of a disaster and cost me lots of nerves...
I'm referring to the weather. It was actually pretty nice and made it even harder for me to leave. For example, here's my last picture of the annoying field:

Yeah, I do miss the annoying field, no matter how annoying it always was to walk around it... And I'm not going to talk about all the Erasmus people I met in Ireland. They know.

Anyway, and secondly, after coming back, making a calendar with my Ireland pictures for my grandparents, being in a strange, unreal mood for days (I'm still not completely back in Germany if you ask my mind) and surviving Christmas, I'm finally back on my laptop to try and write another blog post.

But first, let me continue the blues (when looking up on dict.cc, I found out that you can actually say "katzenjammer" in the U.S. xD) and end this post with mentioning that I also miss the campus of Maynooth University. Not the North Campus with the lecture halls in particular, to be honest. But I somehow miss the library - which is probably because I spent sooo much time there and got used to being there. At the end of the semester, it was almost the only social activity you could have: going to the library, meeting people there. And, of course, I miss the South Campus. In order to be able to understand this, just have a look at the pictures of the shooting we did in our last week of lectures:
Hogwarts photo shooting, part 1
Hogwarts photo shooting, part 2 
Tesco jumpers <3



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen