Samstag, 16. Mai 2015

(Ireland trip) Killarney National Park

Yeah, so this is the post about what we did after a terrible night in as hostel. I mean, except for getting up at 8 a.m. and probably making the party people hate us. But well, revenge is sweet, we didn't exactly get a lot of sleep because of their returning ... And unlike them, we made it for the free breakfast. They were still in bed or had just gotten up when we returned from breakfast and packed our belongings.
It took us a bit of time to make it to the National Park. That's because the name "Killarney National Park" doesn't refer to the national park being directly in Killarney town centre, but "beside the town", Wikipedia says. That basically means: follow a long, long road out of the town (basically like Moyglare Road in Maynooth - including the annoying field! ^^), make a short stop at a wishing well in between, in which you throw a coin to make sure that you'll ever arrive at the national park, and then continue following the road. Eventually, you will realise that the environment is getting greener:




And then, finally, there will be a sign to tell you what you were waiting for all the time:

Strange angle - because I wanted to have a picture without the three girls taking selfies right next to the sign ...
Actually, I don't really have a lot to write about Killarney National Park. I already inserted the link to its Wikipedia article somewhere above. Let me just add to this: Killarney National Park is a vast green space, it's even incredibly green in terms of Irish landscape. It is simply amazing and beautiful! <3
Well, and there are no toilets, obviously, because it's nature. So if you don't like peeing in the middle of this green beauty, you have to go back to civilisation (i. e. to Ross Castle) at some point.
But before that point, I was able to take a lot of pictures of Ross Castle, the Purple Mountain, the Lakes of Killarney, and of the green forest, of course! Enjoy the beauty!

Ross Castle.


The duck was a bit too fast for my camera ...
... but the swan was slow.
Brace yourselves: I took quite a few pictures of the mountain and the lakes!



Following the path ...
... into the woods! (Somebody was singing this all the time :-D)






Annoying dog that always wanted to poke its nose into my bag ...






Mystical atmosphere.


Turquoise-coloured water (due to chemical reactions with copper, I think).









So much green!


Oh, cute baby ducks! :-)
Congratulations, you reached the end of this monstrous post. I'm sorry for posting this enormous number of pictures, but I just had to share this incredible beauty of the earth!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Very nice article! I had just shared this article on my travel site, I hope you don't mind. This is a website that let bloggers or travelers to share some great articles or photos about travel, and indexed by attractions.

    I know you love travel and write a lots of blog post about interesting places in the world, so I would like to invite you to be a member of our community and share your blog post, photos or review.

    You can check the link below to find your articles on my site, if you don't want me to share your articles, please tell me, I will remove it as soon as possible.

    http://www.travelersfootprint.com/en/attraction-detail/Killarney-National-Park@Ireland

    Hope you all the best =)

    Sam

    AntwortenLöschen